FORT WORTH, Texas – The Davey O’Brien Foundation announced the 2013 Davey O’Brien National Quarterback Award® Watch List today.
This year’s list, which was compiled by a subset of the Davey O’Brien National Selection Committee, features 34 of the nation’s best college quarterbacks who were selected based on player performance during the previous year and expectations heading into the 2013 college football season.
The 2012 Davey O’Brien Winner, Johnny Manziel (Texas A&M) and 2012 finalist Braxton Miller (Ohio State) join five 2012 semifinalists on the Watch List: Tajh Boyd (Clemson), Teddy Bridgewater (Louisville), Marcus Mariota (Oregon), AJ McCarron (Alabama) and Aaron Murray (Georgia).
Appearing on the Watch List is not a requirement for a player to win the Davey O’Brien Award. Quarterbacks from all 125 NCAA Division I Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) schools are eligible for the award until the field is narrowed to 16 semifinalists onMonday, Nov. 4. The Foundation and the Selection Committee will announce three finalists on Monday, Nov. 25. The 2013 Davey O’Brien Winner will be announced on The Home Depot College Football Awards on Thursday, Dec. 12.
The 37th Annual Davey O’Brien Awards Dinner will be held Feb. 17, 2014 in Fort Worth, Texas.
2013 Davey O’Brien Watch List
- David Ash, Texas, Big 12
- Blake, Bortles, UCF, AAC
- Tajh Boyd, Clemson, ACC
- Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville, AAC
- Terrance Broadway, Louisiana-Lafayette, Sun Belt
- Kolton Browning, ULM, Sun Belt
- Derek Carr, Fresno State, MWC
- Rakeem Cato, Marshall, C-USA
- Cody Fajardo, Nevada, MWC
- David Fales, San Jose State, MWC
- James Franklin, Missouri, SEC
- Devin Gardner, Michigan, Big Ten
- Kevin Hogan, Stanford, Pac-12
- Brett Hundley, UCLA, Pac-12
- Chuckie Keeton, Utah State, MWC
- Taylor Kelly, Arizona State, Pac-12
- Jordan Lynch, Northern Illinois, MAC
- Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M, SEC
- Marcus Mariota, Oregon, Pac-12
- Taylor Martinez, Nebraska, Big Ten
- AJ McCarron, Alabama, SEC
- Braxton Miller, Ohio State, Big Ten
- Stephen Morris, Miami (FL), ACC
- Aaron Murray, Georgia, SEC
- Casey Pachall, TCU, Big 12
- Keith Price, Washington, Pac-12
- Bryn Renner, North Carolina, ACC
- Keenan Reynolds, Navy, Independent
- Tyler Russell, Mississippi State, SEC
- Connor Shaw, South Carolina, SEC
- Tyler Tettleton, Ohio, MAC
- Logan Thomas, Virginia Tech, ACC
- Bo Wallace, Ole Miss, SEC
- Keith Wenning, Ball State, MAC
By conference: SEC (7), Pac-12 (5), ACC (4), Mountain West (4), Big Ten (3), Mid-American (3), American Athletic (2), Big 12 (2), Sun Belt (2), Independents (1), Conference USA (1).