by Travis Normand
Here are a couple of teams that received a lot of pre-season hype. As of right now, I am not buying into the excitement . . . but that could change.
- Tennessee: I hope the Vols do well this season, but I will believe it when I see it.
- Arizona State: I think ASU could be a good team but I don’t understand why they started out with a top 15 ranking.
- Baylor: I think Baylor will be a playoff contender, but with their current schedule, I just can’t take them seriously. Maybe I will start believing once they defeat a quality opponent in a bowl game.
- Notre Dame: They looked very good against the Longhorns in their first game of the season, but that isn’t saying much. I hope they do well, but am not yet sold that they will make a run at the playoff. I could be wrong.
- Auburn: With the loss of so many key players from 2014, an 8-5 (4-4) record last year, and a mediocre opening 2015 game against Louisville, I just don’t understand all the hype.
Update: I believe I was arguably right on 1-4 above. However, there is no question that I was right on Auburn. Auburn finished in last place of the SEC West (7-6, 2-6).