by Travis Normand
Texas A&M’s home schedule this season is horrible, and it is a shame that A&M had to play Arkansas in Arlington, Texas (as opposed to Kyle Field). As it stands, A&M has six home games, only three of which are SEC opponents.
Further, alumni, students, and fans have had to wait until now (Oct. 11) to finally get a SEC opponent at home. While this weekend’s game against Ole Miss should be a good one, there are only two more conference games (at home) before the season is over.
- Thurs., Aug. 28 at *South Carolina
- Sat., Sept. 6 vs. Lamar, Kyle Field
- Sat., Sept. 13 vs. Rice, Kyle Field
- Sat., Sept. 20 at SMU
- Sat., Sept. 27 vs. *Arkansas (Arlington, TX)
- Sat., Oct. 4 at *Miss. St.
- Sat., Oct. 11 vs. *Ole Miss, Kyle Field
- Sat., Oct. 18 at *Alabama
- Sat., Nov. 1 vs. Louisiana-Monroe, Kyle Field
- Sat., Nov. 8 at *Auburn
- Sat., Nov. 15 vs. *Missouri, Kyle Field
- Thurs., Nov. 27 vs. *LSU, Kyle Field
Note: Arkansas and Missouri both have similar issues in terms of not getting a home SEC opponent until this weekend, but every other SEC team has/had a home conference opponent on Oct. 4 or earlier.