Click HERE to see the BCS standings as of November 25, 2012. This is the seventh BCS ranking of the 2012 season.
A few of my observations from this week’s BCS standings:
- Alabama is ranked number two overall and only needs to win the SEC Championship game this weekend to presumably reach the BCS National Title game.
- Georgia is ranked number three and will meet Alabama in this weekend’s SEC Championship game. A win over Alabama will presumably move Georgia into the number two spot and will thus send them to the BCS National Title game (instead of Alabama).
- Notre Dame is ranked number one overall in the BCS and will presumably be given an invitation to play in the BCS National Title game. They will most likely face the SEC champion in that title game (Alabama or Georgia).
- UCLA is ranked 16 overall while Nebraska is 12. UCLA defeated Nebraska earlier this season and both teams will be playing in their conference’s title game this coming weekend. However, UCLA is 9-3 while Nebraska is 10-2.
- BCS Standings Week 1 (Oct. 14, 2012)
- BCS Standings Week 2 (Oct. 21, 2012)
- BCS Standings Week 3 (Oct. 28, 2012)
- BCS Standings Week 4 (Nov. 4, 2012)
- BCS Standings Week 5 (Nov. 11, 2012)
- BCS Standings Week 6 (Nov. 18, 2012)
- BCS Standings Week 7 (Nov. 25, 2012)
BCS Standings Archive
And the rankings to my mind , is like grading on a ‘ curve ! Here’s hoping that either ‘bama or the Bull Dogs beat up on Notre Dame in the BCS championship game . The # 1 ranked team in the nation , might just be one of the worst to have held the rank, at this late a stage in the season .
The best part about Notre Dame being #1 is that we are going to actually find out if they deserve the ranking or not. If they were 3rd, we would be left only talking about whether that was too high for them. However, they will face Bama in January and will shall see how great they really are.
Notre Dame will come off on the wrong side of a one sided beating in the national championship game .
The Irish simply has a defense and not much else beyond that .
Everett Golson isn’t that great a quarterback but this is who Brian Kelly has entrusted the team’s play in over the course of this season .
Yes, their defense is fantastic while their offense is mediocre (at best). Of course, Alabama has a good defense as well, and an “okay” offense (yet its still better than Notre Dame’s offense). I am curious as to how much the lay-off will affect these teams. The lay-off may help the game stay closer than we expect as I am guessing the time off favors the defense and hurts the offense.
Oh well, the good thing is that we will get to see it play out.
After that game is over the NFL can’t come around quick enough for Notre Dame’s Manti Teo` . I can see Teo being a top 10 or twelve pick in the 2013 NFL Draft !
Which rookie from the 2012 Draft has been the most impressive to you , in the NFL this season ?