by Travis Normand
I first read this story on Clay Travis’ site, OutKickTheCoverage.com. University of Alabama head football coach Nick Saban’s daughter, Kristen Saban, has a civil lawsuit pending against her for fighting with her sorority sisters.
When I first read this I thought it was either a joke or someone was blowing an incident way out of proportion. However, I then read the complaint that was filed. If everything is as it says in the complaint then Kristen Saban is one very bad girl!
The complaint was apparently discovered and posted on an SEC/LSU fan site (SECRant.com) on July 11, 2012. Until then, the lawsuit was kept relatively quiet. I say this only because according to the complaint, the incident occurred way back on August 28, 2010 (and I thought, upon hearing about the lawsuit, that the fight had occurred recently).
Here is an excerpt from the complaint describing the fight/incident between the two girls:
27. Sarah walked across the hall, with her phone in hand and knocked on Kristen’s door with the palm of her hand saying, “You’ve got five seconds to take it off, or I’m going to tell everyone that you punched Daniel (Kristen’s
former boyfriend) in the face last week. Try me.”
28. Kristen did not respond but opened the door seconds later waving her phone in Sarah’s face, causing Sarah to move backwards towards Courtney’s bedroom door.
29. Kristen was yelling, “I took it off, I took it off!”
30. Sarah responded, “That’s fine, but we’re done, you’re crazy.”
31. Kristen immediately used both of her hands and shoved Sarah into the corner of Courtney’s open door, slamming Sarah’s head.
32. Sarah defended herself by pushing Kristen into the opposite wall, saying “Don’t touch me.”
32. Kristen proceeded to punch Sarah Grimes multiple times in her head and nose, and to pull Sarah’s hair, even though Kristen knew that Sarah had really bad migraines from a prior head injury from an automobile accident.
33. By this time Meghan, who was outside in the parking lot, heard the yelling and ran upstairs.
34. Sarah screamed “I’m calling the cops!”
35. Kristen’s grip on Sarah’s hair prevented Sarah from getting away and they moved down the hall toward the kitchen as Sarah tried to get away.
36. After multiple blows to Sarah’s face, Hannah intervened and tried to pull Kristen away but was unable to do so due to Kristen’s grip of Sarah’s hair and Kristen refused to stop hitting Sarah.
37. The screaming woke up Beth Terry, who immediately jumped in to help pull Kristen off from behind (Beth’s shirt was ripped and stained with Sarah’s blood).
As you can see here, these girls were all members of the Phi Mu sorority at the University of Alabama. However, since this incident, Kristen Saban is apparently rumored to no longer be a member.
UA Sorority Pledges Announced
August 17, 2009
Rebecca Adams, Tuscaloosa; Ashton Alford, Collierville, Tenn.; Fran Armstrong, Athens; Laura Ballard, Covington, La.; Jordan Barton, Tuscaloosa; Victoria Blissett, Dothan; Paige Bone, Gadsden; Brittney Bowden, Fairhope; Sydney Branch, Katy, Texas; Catherine Brock, Dallas, Texas; Amanda Burch, Birmingham; Taylor Burley, Brandon, Miss.; Hannah Burson, Madison; Caroline Campbell, Tallahassee, Fla.; Callie Carruth, Trussville; Sarah Chamberlain, Severna Park, Md.; Margaret Coats, Atlanta, Ga.; Brittany Covington, Hoover; Taylor Crawford, Tuscaloosa; Megan Dempsey, Edgewood, Ky.; Katie Dolan, Trussville; Mackenzie Dunn, Evansville, Ind.; Helen Fagan, Norcross, Ga.; Nicole Francois, Plantation, Fla.; Emily Fuller, Joplin, Mo.; Georgia Gamble, Decatur; Breanne Griffin, Athens; Sarah Grimes, Pensacola, Fla.; Devin Grissom, Cordova, Tenn.; Caroline Hensley, Chattanooga, Tenn.; Emilie Hughes, Maryville, Tenn.; Vanna Hughes, Dothan; Michelle Imbornone, Woodstock; Alex Johnson, Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.; Hillary Jones, Charlotte, N.C.; Amelia Koenig, Decatur; Ashton Lattof, Mobile; Jenni Lindsay, Spanish Fort; Katie Logan, Destin, Fla.; Christina Malmat, Birmingham; Chaslee Marshall, Tuscaloosa; Ann Massa, Alpharetta, Ga.; Sarah McCabe, Germantown, Tenn.; Caroline McGee, Vestavia Hills; Hannah Mendheim, Dothan; Anne Meriwether, Montgomery; Rachel Moler, Atlanta, Ga.; Jessica Moore, Helena; Meghan Moore, Germantown, Tenn.; Devon Peacock, Chapel Hill, N.C.; Meghan Pike, Marietta, Ga.; Courtney Reigel, Charlottesville, Va.; Lauralee Reynolds, Tampa, Fla.; Caitlin Rickard, Florence; Amanda Roberts, Hoover; Ashley Robertson, Madison, Miss.; Katie Ronan, Boca Raton, Fla.; Kristen Saban Tuscaloosa; Amanda Salz, Carmel, Ind.; Brittany Schoen, Katy, Tex.; Lauren Silvio, Birmingham; Lindie Smith, Helena; Susanna Stanbury, Hoover; Heather Stanford, Pelham; Lauren Strauss, Columbus, Miss.; Sheldon Sugden, Marietta Ga.; Beth Terry, Sylacauga; Sydney Thomas, Florence; Shelby Tiffin, Florence; Darbi Lou Todd, Florence; Olivia Velar, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.; Shelby Wiedrich, Starkville, Miss.; Kacie Willings, Birmingham; Hayley Winkler, Birmingham; Heather Woodson, Foley; Sarah White, Birmingham; Brook Yordy, Muscle Shoals.
The only real question I have is, doesn’t Kristen Saban know who her father is? I mean, did she really think she could issue a beat-down to her sorority sister while in school at Alabama, and not have it make the news? The only Alabama students that might get away with something like this don’t have the last name of Saban.