College Football 150th Anniversary DEBUTS WEBSITE through partnership with SIDEARM SPORTS
Irving, Texas (June 6, 2018) – The College Football 150th Anniversary has debuted another component of its celebration with the launch of its website at CFB150.org. The site will be designed in conjunction with SIDEARM Sports, a Learfield Company.
“SIDEARM Sports is a leader in college athletics and we know they will help us host a first-rate website experience for all college football fans,” touted Kevin Weiberg, Executive Director of the College Football 150th Anniversary. “We look forward to expanding our digital footprint even further in preparation for and continuing through the Anniversary season.”
The site houses videos, news and other information pertaining to the anniversary, which will take place in 2019. Access to articles, historical information, a schedule of events and links to social media components will all be available. A portion of the site will also allow former players and coaches as well as fans and alumni to submit their stories about how college football has impacted their lives, through the CFB150 pillars of education, community and leadership.
“To partner with the College Football 150th Anniversary is such an honor. College football has produced so many great student athletes during its 150 years. We hope all college football fans enjoy the digital experience celebrating this historic milestone,” said Jeff Rubin, President and CEO of SIDEARM Sports.” [Sic]
About College Football 150th Anniversary ()
College Football 150th Anniversary is a non-profit corporation formed to plan and administer a national celebration of 150 seasons of collegiate football in 2019. The commemoration will showcase the rich history and traditions of the sport and its contribution to American society and culture, while also promoting the opportunity it continues to provide to thousands of student-athletes across all levels of the sport. The CFB150 staff reports to a Board of Directors made up of representatives from stakeholder groups throughout college football. The corporation has office space at the National Football Foundation & College Hall of Fame headquarters in Irving, Texas. Follow the campaign @CFB150 and take part in the conversation with the hashtag #CFB150.
About SIDEARM Sports ()
SIDEARM Sports, a Learfield company since June 2014, has experienced incredible organic growth from delivering quality service, reliability and customization. Serving more than 1,100 partners, SIDEARM Sports is the nation’s leading digital provider in college athletics, and its easy-to-use interface allows schools to customize their content streams and digital presence. The company plays host to nearly 305 Division I university athletic sites. SIDEARM Sports provides the software and technology that powers websites, mobile applications, live stats, social presence and video streaming for its athletic partners.
****End of Release****
Note from OnePointSafety.com:
If you count the two games played in 1869 (between the schools now called Princeton and Rutgers) as being the first college football season, then the 2019 football season would be the 151st college football season.
However, the 2019 season will also happen 150 years after the first season (1869), and is therefore the 150th Anniversary (but it is not the 150th season, as the 150th season would be this upcoming 2018 season).
Further, it should be pointed out that some historians do not recognize 1869 as the first season of college football and have made valid arguments that the game actually started earlier and/or later. However, it is apparently obvious that many others will simply state that 2019 is the 150th Anniversary, and celebrate it accordingly.
For more on the history of college football visit the following:
- The First Game: Nov. 6, 1869; found at (ScarletKnights.com – Official Page of Rutgers Athletics): https://scarletknights.com/sports/2017/6/11/sports-m-footbl-archive-first-game-html.aspx
- The 1869 College Football Season (Wikipedia Page); found at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1869_college_football_season
- Football: The First Hundred Years: The Untold Story, by Adrian Harvey, Chapters 6 and 7, found at (only partially):https://books.google.com/books?id=6u12cOLsrfsC&lpg=PP1&dq=Football%3A%20The%20First%20Hundred%20Years%3A%20The%20Untold%20Story%2C%20by%20Adrian%20Harvey%2C&pg=PP1#v=onepage&q=Football:%20The%20First%20Hundred%20Years:%20The%20Untold%20Story,%20by%20Adrian%20Harvey,&f=false
- Tufts-Harvard first game story breaks nationally, by Paul Sweeney, found at:http://ase.tufts.edu/athletics/old/menFootball/press/2004-2005/firstgamebuzz.html
- List of Historically Significant College Football Games (Wikipedia); found at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_historically_significant_college_football_games
- Gridiron gridlock Citing research, Tufts claims football history is on its side, by By Kevin Paul Dupont, Globe Staff, September 23, 2004; the Boston Globe; found at: http://archive.boston.com/sports/articles/2004/09/23/gridiron_gridlock/?page=full