Click HERE to see the BCS standings as of November 11, 2012. This is the fifth BCS ranking of the 2012 season.
A few of my observations from this week’s BCS standings:
- Alabama’s loss to Texas A&M on Saturday caused them to fall to number four, leaving the possibility of reaching the BCS National Championship game completely open.
- Kansas State is number one overall in the BCS despite being number two in both human polls and the computer polls (.97).
- Oregon is currently number two overall in the BCS but is number one in both human polls. However, the Ducks are fourth in the computer polls (.87). If Notre Dame is able to beat USC next weekend (November 24) it will be interesting to see how that affects the computer rankings (it would potentially hurt Oregon’s strength of schedule and would thus lower their standing with the computers while increasing Notre Dame’s).
- Notre Dame is third overall in the BCS. They are third in both human polls but are number one overall in the computer polls (.99). If Notre Dame is going to jump over Oregon, it would most likely happen after they play USC (assuming they win).
- Georgia is ranked fifth overall, right behind number four Alabama. These two teams will most likely meet in the SEC Championship game (Georiga has already won the Eastern Division). The outcome of the Georiga v. Alabama game will have huge implications on not only the BCS National Title game, but all the BCS Bowls.
- Texas A&M moved from 15 to eight with their win over Alabama. They are now the fifth highest ranked SEC team in the BCS (behind Alabama, Georiga, Florida, and LSU).
- Florida is ranked number six in the BCS and still has to play Florida State, who is ranked number 10 overall in the BCS.
- UCLA is ranked 17 overall while Nebraska is 14. Both human polls and the computers have Nebraska ahead of UCLA as well. This is despite the fact that both teams are 8-2 and that UCLA defeated Nebraska earlier this season.
- BCS Standings Week 1 (Oct. 14, 2012)
- BCS Standings Week 2 (Oct. 21, 2012)
- BCS Standings Week 3 (Oct. 28, 2012)
- BCS Standings Week 4 (Nov. 4, 2012)
- BCS Standings Week 5 (Nov. 11, 2012)
BCS Standings Archive